Explore one of London's hidden gems the colourful neighbourhood of Notting Hill, home to one of the Uk's largest outdoor markets, where you can find everything from mouthwatering Caribbean cuisine to vintage clothing, camera equipment and much more besides.
Learn the history of this vibrant neighbourhood, how an area that was once described by Charles Dickens as: 'Surely the most disgusting place in London' now boasts some of the most expensive housing in the city, as well as tales of the various celebrities who have resided in the area, including the surprising history of its most famous resident....Paddington Bear!
We will also be exploring:
- Notting Hill's association with film, including a visit to that famous blue door!
- Notting Hill's association with the arts, as well as being home to some world famous established artists such as David Hockney you can also see an original Banksy as well as many interesting pieces of street art.
- The history of the famous Notting Hill carnival The worlds largest street festival outside Rio
And much much more besides!
After the tour we will stop at the famous Tabernacle bar and kitchen, participants are then free to explore the market and shop to their hearts content, I am happy to point you in the direction of shops, stalls and transport links
- Guide led tour, lasting approx 1 hour 45 mins, it is a walking tour so please wear comfortable shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Learn some local history, eat, shop and explore London's largest outdoor market - do bring cash if you wish to shop at the market as many stalls do not accept card